Social Media Policy
CaliforniaNative Plant Society – Orange County Social Media Policy
This policy governs the publication of and commentary of social media content by the Orange County Chapter of the California Native Plant Society.
There is no endorsement, implied or otherwise, by OC-CNPS of any fan posts, links, or photos. Writers/fans are fully responsible for the content they submit.
Therefore, it is our policy to remove comments that:
· contain defamatory, vulgar, obscene, abusive, profane, threatening, hateful, intimidating, or otherwise offensive language or photos;
· contain malicious or offensive comments or photos based on gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, political affiliation, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or other protected classification,
· contain advertisements, endorsements, or promotions, including spam and similar content that do not align with the mission of CNPS, which is “to conserve California native plants and their natural habitats, and increase understanding, appreciation, and horticultural use of native plants”;
· contain comments on matters unrelated to activities of the OC-CNPS or its programs, policies, operations, or activities;
· contain impersonations or misrepresents the writer’s identity or affiliation;
· contain proprietary information or intellectual property that is posted without the approval of the owner;
· contain comments regarding a candidate in a partisan political campaign or regarding a political party; or
· contain information that violates a local, state, or national law.
Furthermore, CNPS is a 501(c)3 organization. Its social media platforms are not designed for the benefit of personal or professional business gain. Social media content and removal of such will be managed by the OC-CNPS administrators of each social media platform and it will remain the discretion of these administrators and the chapter board or directors to edit content and posts as needed.