We are partnering with event holders to add 2,000 native White Sage plants to Orange County Gardens. One FREE plant/household. Goals: increase nature-beneficial gardening, conserve water use in cities, and protect white sage in public wildlands. CLICK THE TITLE OR PICTURE FOR MORE INFORMATION.
February events are on the 11th (two), 18th, 19th, and 25th. See the Sage Page or our Activities-Event Calendar for place and times.
With Local Nature
- Dive into websites. For example Calscape, iNaturalist, and Calflora
- Help the UCI Herbarium transcribe their collections - and learn new plants
- Watch/listen to nature videos and podcasts. Start with,
- Imagine your Dream Garden. Think Nature. Share it. Build it, even if just piece by piece.
- Plant native plants. Check hours at these large inventory locations: Tree of Life Nursery, California Botanic Garden
- What to plant now – Calscape
- Add pollinator and habitat plants –Calscape, Calflora
- Monthly garden chores
- Go for a walk
- Share photos of the native plants you see to iNaturalist or Calflora
- Learn to identify new native plants along a trail
- Hunt for high priority invasive plants, in secluded areas, and report them