We are partnering with event holders to add 2,000 native White Sage plants to Orange County Gardens. One FREE plant/household. Goals: increase nature-beneficial gardening, conserve water use in cities, and protect white sage in public wildlands. CLICK THE TITLE OR PICTURE FOR MORE INFORMATION.
With Local Nature
- Dive into websites. For example Calscape, iNaturalist, and Calflora
- Help the UCI Herbarium transcribe their collections - and learn new plants
- Watch/listen to nature videos and podcasts. Start with,
- Imagine your Dream Garden. Think Nature. Share it. Build it, even if just piece by piece.
- Plant native plants. Check hours at these large inventory locations: Tree of Life Nursery, California Botanic Garden
- What to plant now – Calscape
- Add pollinator and habitat plants –Calscape, Calflora
- Monthly garden chores
- Go for a walk
- Share photos of the native plants you see to iNaturalist or Calflora
- Learn to identify new native plants along a trail
- Hunt for high priority invasive plants, in secluded areas, and report them